Jobs / Scholarships / Prizes
- PhD Studentship (Early Irish), School of Irish, Celtic Studies and Folklore, University College Dublin (enquiries before 30 May, 2020).
- Fulbright Scholarship in Celtic Studies for 2021-22 academic year, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Post léachtóireachta sa Ghaeilge, Ollscoil Uppsala (31 Márta an sprioclá d’iarratais).
- The Terence Barry Prize for Best Graduate Paper in Irish Medieval Studies (closing date: 15 April, 2020).
- The Four Courts Press Michael Adams Prize in Irish Medieval Studies (closing date: 25 March, 2020).
- Scholarship for taught MA in Medieval Irish Studies, Department of Early Irish, NUI Maynooth for 2020/21 academic year (closing date: 20 March 2020).
- Deadline for submitting PhD theses and conference papers for this year’s Zeuss-Prizes of the Societas Celtologica Europaea: 1 March, 2020.
- MA Scholarship in Welsh and Celtic Studies, School of Welsh, Cardiff University (closing date: 1 March, 2020).
- Keeper, Irish Folklife Division, National Museum of Ireland – Country Life, Turlough Park, Castlebar, Co. Mayo (closing date: 28 February, 2020).
- Visiting Faculty Fellow, University of Notre Dame: Keough School of Global Affairs / Keough-Naughton Institute for Irish Studies for academic year 2020-21 (closing date: 15 January, 2020).
- Cothrom-maoineachaidh (PhD) Funding Opportunty in Gaelic and Celtic Studies, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, University of the Highlands and Islands (now open).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- The Keough-Naughton Library Research Award in Irish Studies, University of Notre Dame (annual grant funding).
- The University of Brest, two-year Masters Degree: ‘Celtic Languages and Cultures in Contact’ (more information).
Conferences / Seminars / Call for Papers
- A Brehon Lawyer’s School in Sixteenth-Century Ireland, NUI Galway, 25-26 January, 2020 (clár / programme).
- ‘LehmanGaeilge 2020′, Lehman College, CUNY, The Bronx, 22 Feabhra 2020.
- Religion and the Experience of Nature: Comparative Perspectives, Center for Advanced Studies, LMU Munich, 19-20 March, 2020 (call for papers).
- Medicine in the Medieval North Atlantic world, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, 19-21 March, 2020 (registration now open).
- Comhdháil in omós don Athair Peadar Ó Laoghaire, Coláiste Ollscoile Chorcaí, 20 Márta 2020.
- Cumann na Mac Léinn Ceiltise: An 8ú comhdháil bhliantúil / Association of Celtic Students: Eighth Annual Conference, University College Dublin, 26-29 March, 2020 (abstract submission deadline: Friday, 22 November, 2019)
- Space and Settlement in the Middle Ages XI: Trinity College Dublin, 27-28 March, 2020 (call for papers: closing date 31 October, 2019).
- FMRSI (Forum for Medieval and Renaissance Studies in Ireland), Conference 2020: ‘The Senses in Medieval and Renaissance Europe: Hearing and Auditory Perception’, The Long Room Hub, Trinity College Dublin, 24-25 April, 2020 (clár / programme).
- Máirtín Ó Cadhain 2020: Comhdháil lae, Coláiste na Tríonóide, 15 Bealtaine 2020.
- Comhdháil dhátheangach. Tintúd-Aistriú: an tAistriúchán Liteartha i Stair na Gaeilge / Irish Literary Translation through Time, Zón Cruthaitheach, Leabharlann Boole, Coláiste na hOllscoile Corcaigh, Déardaoin, 21 Bealtaine 2020.
- Conference on Medieval Multilingual Manuscripts: Texts, Scribes, and Patrons, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 22-23 May, 2020 (registration now open).
- Beyond the Pale and Highland Line: New Narratives in Archipelagic History, c.1300-c.1610, conference to be held at St. Mungo’s Museum, 2 Castle Street, Glasgow, 18–19 June, 2020 (call for papers).
- 34th Irish Conference of Medievalists, Queen’s University, Belfast, 25-27 June 2020.
- Summer School, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 6-17 July, 2020.
- Rannsachadh na Gàidhlig 11, Department of Celtic Studies, St Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia, 22-24 July 2020 POSTPONED UNTIL 2021.
- Rudolf Thurneysen (1857–1940) Kolloquium anlässlich seines 80. Todestages, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, 7–9 August 2020 (call for papers).
- 4th Poznań Conference of Celtic Studies & Celtic Sociolinguistics Symposium IV, 9-11 October 2020, Centre for Celtic Studies of Adam Mickiewicz University for Celticists, Poznań, Poland (call for papers).
- 16th Fachtagung of the Society for Indo-European Studies, “Beyond Formenlehre?: Indo-European Morphology with fuzzy boundaries and interface phenomena”, 7-10 September 2020, University of Zurich.
- ‘Welsh Manuscripts 800-1800’, National Library of Wales, 9-11 September 2020 (call for papers: closing date 31 January, 2020).
- 10th International Colloquium of the Societas Celto-Slavica, Szczecin, Poland 24-25 September, 2020 (call for papers: closing date — 15 April, 2020).
- North American Gaels: Language, Literature, Lore, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2-3 October 2020 (closing date for papers: 1 March, 2020).
- Celtic Myths and Folklores in the Anglophone World, University of Savoie Mont Blanc, Chambéry, France, 6 November, 2020 (call for papers: 15 April, 2020).
- The CLCS Celtic forum invites abstracts for a session on “Celtic Archipelagos” for the MLA Convention in Toronto, 7-10 January , 2021.
- The Ó Cléirigh Seminars, University College Dublin (K114, Newman Building), Fridays at 4pm, January-April, 2020.
- Seminars, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (October-December, 2019).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork, 17 November, 2018.
- SAMS: Seminar for Ancient and Medieval Studies, Spring Semester 2020, UCC.
- 33rd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 27-29 June, 2019 (call for papers: open until 22 March).
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2-3 November, 2018.
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 4-5 Deireadh Fómhair, 2019 (Gairm ar pháipéir; spriocdháta, 1 Meitheamh, 2019).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 51: ‘Scríobhaithe Gaeilge an Tuaiscirt, 1650-1900’, Ollscoil Mhá Nuad, 3-4 Aibreán, 2020.
- 42nd annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference, UCLA Campus, 5-7 March, 2020 (programme).
- Thirty-Ninth Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, 11-13 October 2019 (Call for papers: by 5 May, 2019).
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Discovery Programme, 2020 Seminar series (beginning 13 February, 2020).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2020.
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference 2020, Virginia Tech, 2-4 April 2020.
- Cambridge Colloquium in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic, Saturday 8 February, 2020 (theme: ‘Disorder and Dishonesty’; call for papers: 1 December, 2019).
To have an event noticed here, please email email@example.com.
This article is copyright © CDI 2020