Jobs / Scholarships / Prizes
- O’Donovan Scholarship, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, to be taken up in October 2020 (closing date: 31 August, 2020).
- Léachtóireacht sa Nua-Ghaeilge, Roinn na Nua-Ghaeilge, Coláiste na hOllscoile Corcaigh / Lectureship in Modern Irish, UCC (closing date: 30 July, 2020).
- Two-year lectureship in Modern Irish, Aberystwyth University (deadline for applications: 16 July, 2020).
- Funded MRes. scholarship / Sgoilearachas Maighstireachd maoinichte, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig.
- Potential vacancy for a position of Irish language teaching assistant (lecteur), University of Western Brittany (UBO) of Brest, Brittany, France (starting September 2020).
- Funded PhD scholarship / Sgoilearachas PhD maoinichte, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig.
- The 2020 Gaelic Poetry competition in honour of Sister Margaret MacDonell, Department of Celtic Studies, St Francis Xavier University (closing date: 9 June, 2020)..
- PhD Studentship (Early Irish), School of Irish, Celtic Studies and Folklore, University College Dublin (enquiries before 30 May, 2020).
- Fulbright Scholarship in Celtic Studies for 2021-22 academic year, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- The Keough-Naughton Library Research Award in Irish Studies, University of Notre Dame (annual grant funding).
- The University of Brest, two-year Masters Degree: ‘Celtic Languages and Cultures in Contact’ (more information).
Conferences / Seminars / Call for Papers
- Virtual International Medieval Congress (vIMC), Monday 6 July – Friday 10 July, 2020.
- Summer School, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 6-17 July, 2020.
- Rannsachadh na Gàidhlig 11, Department of Celtic Studies, St Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia, 22-24 July 2020 POSTPONED UNTIL 2021.
- Rudolf Thurneysen (1857–1940) Kolloquium anlässlich seines 80. Todestages, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, 7–9 August 2020 (call for papers).
- 4th Poznań Conference of Celtic Studies & Celtic Sociolinguistics Symposium IV, 9-11 October 2020, Centre for Celtic Studies of Adam Mickiewicz University for Celticists, Poznań, Poland (call for papers).
- 16th Fachtagung of the Society for Indo-European Studies, “Beyond Formenlehre?: Indo-European Morphology with fuzzy boundaries and interface phenomena”, 7-10 September 2020, University of Zurich.
- ‘Welsh Manuscripts 800-1800’, National Library of Wales, 9-11 September 2020 (call for papers: closing date 31 January, 2020).
- 10th International Colloquium of the Societas Celto-Slavica, Szczecin, Poland 24-25 September, 2020 (call for papers: closing date — 15 April, 2020).
- North American Gaels: Language, Literature, Lore, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2-3 October 2020 (closing date for papers: 1 March, 2020).
- Cornish Language Conference, organised by the Cornish Language Research Network, will take place 2-3 October, 2020.
- Celtic Myths and Folklores in the Anglophone World, University of Savoie Mont Blanc, Chambéry, France, 5-6 November, 2020 (call for papers: 15 June, 2020).
- The CLCS Celtic forum invites abstracts for a session on “Celtic Archipelagos” for the MLA Convention in Toronto, 7-10 January , 2021.
- The Ó Cléirigh Seminars, University College Dublin (K114, Newman Building), Fridays at 4pm, January-April, 2020.
- Seminars, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (October-December, 2019).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork, 17 November, 2018.
- SAMS: Seminar for Ancient and Medieval Studies, Spring Semester 2020, UCC.
- 33rd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 27-29 June, 2019 (call for papers: open until 22 March).
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2-3 November, 2018.
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 4-5 Deireadh Fómhair, 2019 (Gairm ar pháipéir; spriocdháta, 1 Meitheamh, 2019).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 51: ‘Scríobhaithe Gaeilge an Tuaiscirt, 1650-1900’, Ollscoil Mhá Nuad, 3-4 Aibreán, 2020.
- 42nd annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference, UCLA Campus, 5-7 March, 2020 (programme).
- 40th Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium (postponed until 2021).
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Discovery Programme, 2020 Seminar series (beginning 13 February, 2020).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2020.
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference 2020, Virginia Tech, 2-4 April 2020.
- Cambridge Colloquium in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic, Saturday 8 February, 2020 (theme: ‘Disorder and Dishonesty’; call for papers: 1 December, 2019).
To have an event noticed here, please email email@example.com.
This article is copyright © CDI 2020