Jobs / Scholarships / Prizes
- Post-doctoral Research Associate in Linguistics/Celtic Studies (28 months): full-time post tenable from 1 July 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter) for 28 months (closing date: 17 May, 2021).
- The Faculty of Arts at the University of Bonn, Germany, invites applications for a W 1 Professorship in Celtic Studies (with Tenure Track to W 2) at the Department of English, American and Celtic Studies (deadline for applications: 14 May, 2021).
- Post-doc position (4 years): Adjunct Subordination in Old and Middle Irish, University of Zurich (closing date: 10 May, 2021).
- Scoil na Gaeilge, an Bhéarla, agus na Cumarsáide, Ollscoil Luimnigh: Cúntóir Teagaisc le Gaeilge — Téarma seasta 10 mí (dáta deiridh d’iarratais: De hAoine, 30 Aibreán, 2021).
- Field Bibliographers and Fellows sought for coverage of Celtic literature and language scholarship in the MLA International Bibliography (closing date: 1 April, 2021).
- Comhaltachtaí PhD: Fiontar agus Scoil na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Chathair BÁC (iarratais le cur isteach roimh 12.00, Dé Céadaoin 31 Márta, 2021).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- The Keough-Naughton Library Research Award in Irish Studies, University of Notre Dame (annual grant funding).
- The University of Brest, two-year Masters Degree: ‘Celtic Languages and Cultures in Contact’ (more information).
Conferences / Seminars / Call for Papers
- Learning and Scholarship in Medieval Northwestern Europe (online: 15-16 April, 2021), Irish and Celtic Studies Research Institute, Ulster University (schedule).
- Cambridge Colloquium in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic: Faith and Fidelity, Sunday 8 May 2021 (online).
- Teaching Middle Welsh in the Twenty-First Century: A One-Day Virtual Conference organised by the Medieval Studies Program of Yale University and the Department of Welsh and Celtic Studies of Aberystwyth University, online on 8 May, 2021 (call for papers: closing date 30 March, 2021).
- Marburg Celtic Seminar: ‘Textual Transfers in Medieval and Early Modern Ireland and Wales’, online, Summer Term 2021.
- Tintúd-Aistriú: An tAistriúchán Liteartha i Stair na Gaeilge / Irish Literary Translation through Time, Déardaoin, 20 Bealtaine 2021 / Thursday, 20 May 2021, Roinn na Nua-Ghaeilge, UCC (online).
- Comhdháil na Bealtaine 2021 (ar líne), Roinn na Gaeilge, Coláiste Mhuire gan Smál, Dé hAoine, 28 Bealtaine, 2021: Saothar Phádraig Uí Chíobháin.
- Pseudo-History among the Celtic Speaking Peoples: Medieval Propaganda?, online conference, 12-13 June, 2021 (programme).
- Eighteenth-Century Ireland Society / An Cumann Éire San Ochtú Céad Déag, Annual (Online) Conference, University of Limerick (in association with the Centre for Early Modern Studies, Limerick), 16-18 June 2021 (call for papers: Monday, 6 April 2021).
- International Medieval Congress Leeds, online, 5–9 July 2021.
- Rannsachadh na Gàidhlig 11, Department of Celtic Studies, St Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia, 22-24 July 2020 POSTPONED UNTIL 2021.
- Rudolf Thurneysen (1857–1940) Kolloquium anlässlich seines 80. Todestages, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, 7–9 August 2020 (postponed until August 2021) .
- ‘Welsh Manuscripts 800-1800’, National Library of Wales, 9-11 September 2020 (postponed until September 2021).
- Third European Symposium in Celtic Studies, University of Pavia (Italy), 8-10 September, 2021 (call for papers: deadline 31 March, 2021).
- North American Gaels: Language, Literature, Lore, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2-3 October 2020 (postponed).
- 4th Poznań Conference of Celtic Studies & Celtic Sociolinguistics Symposium IV, 9-11 October 2020, Centre for Celtic Studies of Adam Mickiewicz University for Celticists, Poznań, Poland (postponed until 2021).
- Call for Papers, Studia Celtica Fennica xvii (2020).
- Call for Papers, Eolas 14 (deadline: 16 November, 2020).
Annual / Regular Events
- Annual ITS seminar, UCC, 6 November 2021.
- The 43rd California Celtic Conference (online), 5–7 March, 2021.
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (postponed).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 51: ‘Scríobhaithe Gaeilge an Tuaiscirt, 1650-1900’, Ollscoil Mhá Nuad, Dé hAoine, 11 Nollaig, 2020, 11:15–16:15 (ar líne).
- 40th Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium (8-10 October 2021: online). Call for papers: abstracts due Friday, 14 May, 2021.
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference, Virginia Tech, 8-10 April, 2021).
- 10th International Colloquium of the Societas Celto-Slavica, Szczecin, postponed to May 26-28, 2022 (deadline for call for papers: 31 January, 2022).
To have an event noticed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article is copyright © CDI 2021