Jobs/ Scholarships/ Prizes
- Manuscripts Transcriber, Faclair na Gàidhlig is currently seeking a second manuscripts transcriber to deal with Early Modern Gaelic material (to be filled immediately).
- O’Donovan Scholarships (two), School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (closing date: 30 March, 2018).
- Doctoral Studentship / Scoláireacht Dhochtúireachta, Locus Project, Department of Early and Medieval Irish / Roinn na Sean- agus na Meán-Ghaeilge, UCC (closing date: 30 March, 2018).
- Post-Doctoral Researcher / Taighdeoir Iar-Dhochtúireachta, Locus Project, Department of Early and Medieval Irish / Roinn na Sean- agus na Meán-Ghaeilge, UCC (closing date: 13 April, 2018).
- American Society of Irish Medieval Studies (ASIMS), Terence Barry Prize for Best Graduate Paper in Irish Medieval Studies (submissions should be received before midnight on 15 April, 2018 [details]).
- Postdoctoral Research Associate on AHRC funded project, ‘Vitae Sanctorum Cambriae: The Latin Lives of the Welsh Saints’ (a collaborative project between the University of Cambridge and the CAWCS, Aberystwyth (closing date: 23 April 2018).
- Position as ‘lecteur de langue étrangère’ in Irish (September 2018 to August 2019), Université de Bretagne Occidentale, Brest, France (closing date: 18 May, 2018).
- Irish Chiefs and Clans Essay Competition, Council of Irish Chiefs and Clans of Ireland Prize in History (closing date: 1 June, 2018).
- 30th Annual Medieval Studies Symposium: ‘Force, Resistance, and Mercy: Medieval Violence and Nonviolence’, Indiana University, Bloomington, April 6-7, 2018 (call for papers).
- 16th Biennial Medieval Insular Romance Conference, Cardiff University, Wales, 9-11 April, 2018 (call for papers).
- April/May Seminars at the School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (Dr Peadar Ó Muircheartaigh, ‘Gaelic Dialects Present and Past’, 10, 17 and 24 April / Dr Elaine Uí Dhonnchadha, ‘Issues in Irish Syntax’, 1, 8 and 15 May).
- Léacht Uí Fhlatharta, Ollscoil Chathair Bhaile Átha Cliath, 12 Aibreán, 3.00 pm i Seomra PG02, Campas na Naomh Uile, DCU.
- Workshop on ‘Paganism, processes of Christianisation and Pastoral Care in the Early Middle Ages’, 13 April, Mícheál Ó Cléirigh Institute, UCD.
- Celtic panels at the annual International Medieval Studies Congress, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 10-13 May, 2018 (call for papers).
- The Irish Manuscripts in the Library of Trinity College, two-day conference, 17-18 May, 2018.
- Fourth Annual Paul Walsh Memorial Lecture, Thursday 26 April, 5 p.m., John Hume Lecture Theatre 4, Maynooth University.
- Léann na Sionainne, Ollscoil Luimnigh, 25-26 Bealtaine, 2018 (leannnasionainne.wordpress.com).
- Defining the Boundaries of Celtic Hagiography ‘Textual Sources Outside Lives and Martyrologies’, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 25-26 May, 2018.
- Fast Forward into the Past: Celtic Studies 2.0. Viennese Interdisciplinary Symposium in Celtic Studies. 25-26 May 2018, University of Vienna, Austria (call for papers: deadline extended to 28 February, 2018).
- Ulidia VI / Fíanaigecht III: Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Isle of Skye, 13-17 June (call for papers).
- Workshop on the Typology of Breton, 19-20 June 2018, Quimper.
- Glossing Cultural Change: comparative perspectives on manuscript annotation, c. 600–1200 CE, National University of Ireland, Galway, 21–22 June 2018 (call for papers).
- One day symposium on the theme of ‘Mendicants on the Margins’, University College Cork, 27 June 2018 (call for papers).
- Leeds International Medieval Congress 2018: call for papers for sessions on ‘Remembering the Viking Age around the Irish Sea’ at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 15 September 2017).
- ‘Commemorating Saints and Martyrs in Medieval Europe’: call for papers for sessions at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 20 September 2017).
- Leeds International Medieval Congress 2018: call for papers for two sessions at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 22 September 2017).
- 3rd Poznań Conference of Celtic Studies, 9-10 July 2018, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland (Call for papers).
- 2017-18 Celtic Studies seminars in the Welsh Department at Aberystwyth (programme).
- Rannsachadh na Gaidhlig 10, The University of Edinburgh, 28-30 August 2018 (Call for papers).
- 10th Celtic Linguistics Conference, 4-5 September 2018, Maynooth University (programme).
- Annual Colloquium of the Henry Sweet Society for the History of Linguistic Ideas, Maynooth University, 5-8 September 2018 (call for papers).
- Galloway, Gaelic’s Lost Province, Conference: Saturday, 8 September, 2018, CatStrand, New Galloway (programme).
- 34th annual meeting of the American Conference for Irish Studies (western region), Jackson Hole, Wyoming, October 12-13, 2018 (call for papers: deadline, July 1, 2018).
- Learning scripts, forgetting scripts: new approaches to the history of writing in the Roman West, 8-9 November 2018, Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Call for papers: closing date, 15 April, 2018).
- 23rd Australasian Conference of Irish Studies, University of Sydney, 27-30 November 2018 (call for papers).
- CLCS Celtic Forum at the MLA Convention, Chicago, 3-6 January, 2019 (proposal due: March 22, 2018),
- IONA Seafaring: Early Medieval Studies on the Islands of the North Atlantic, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 11-13, 2019 (call for papers).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork.
- 32nd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 28-30 June, 2018 (call for papers by 9 March, 2018)
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 17-18 November, 2017 (deadline for submission of papers: Friday 22 September).
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 5-6 Deireadh Fómhair, 2018 (Tairiscint Páipéir, 1 Meitheamh 2018).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 6-7 Aibreán, 2018.
- The 40th Annual UC Celtic Studies Conference & the Annual CSANA Meeting, March 8-11, 2018 (timetable).
- Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, Harvard University, 5-7 October, 2018 (call for papers: May 1, 2018).
- Annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference: UC Berkeley, 16-19 March, 2017.
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2018.
To have an event noticed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is copyright © CDI 2018