Jobs/ Scholarships/ Prizes
- Post Taighde / Research Post (3 bliana / 3 years), Northern Ireland Place-Name Project, Ollscoil na Banríona / Queen’s University Belfast (closing date: 22 September, 2017)
- Three-year fully funded postgraduate studentship: Queen’s University Belfast (in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Place-Name Project [NIPNP] led by Professor Mícheál Ó Mainnín, Professor of Irish) is seeking to recruit a PhD candidate who will work on some aspect of Irish place-names study with particular relevance to the work of NIPNP (closing date: 5.00 pm, Monday 4 September, 2017).
- Colmcille Grants Scheme, to promote interaction between the language communities of Irish and Scottish Gaelic (Deadlines: 9 June / 9 October, 2017).
- Lecturers for undergraduate courses, Celtic Studies Program, University of California, Berkeley (next review date: 11 October, 2016; final closing date: 10 October, 2017).
- American Conference for Irish Studies (West), will focus on the theme, ‘Ireland, Irish America, and Work’, Davenport Hotel, Spokane, Washington, 19-22 October, 2017.
- 5th Annual Colloquium on Thinking About Mythology in the 21st Century, 50 George Square, Edinburgh, 10–11 November 2017 (call for papers).
- School of Celtic Studies Statutory Public Lecture 2017, Thomas Davis Lecture Theatre, Trinity College Dublin, Friday 17th November, 8pm.
- Irish Conference of Folklore and Ethnology, University College Dublin, Saturday 25 November, 2017 (programme / poster).
- CLCS Celtic Forum at the MLA, New York, January 4-7, 2018.
- Parallel text analysis in diachronic research: workshop to be held in Marburg (Germany), February 22-23, 2018 (call for papers: now open).
- Celtic Studies students’ conference, 2–4 March 2018, University of Edinburgh (call for papers).
- 40th annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference, 8-11 March, 2018, UCLA (call for papers).
- 30th Annual Medieval Studies Symposium: ‘Force, Resistance, and Mercy: Medieval Violence and Nonviolence’, Indiana University, Bloomington, April 6-7, 2018 (call for papers).
- 16th Biennial Medieval Insular Romance Conference, Cardiff University, Wales, 9-11 April, 2018 (call for papers).
- Celtic panels at the annual International Medieval Studies Congress, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 10-13 May, 2018 (call for papers).
- Ulidia VI / Fíanaigecht III: Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Isle of Skye, 13-17 June (call for papers).
- Leeds International Medieval Congress 2018: call for papers for sessions on ‘Remembering the Viking Age around the Irish Sea’ at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 15 September 2017).
- ‘Commemorating Saints and Martyrs in Medieval Europe’: call for papers for sessions at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 20 September 2017).
- Leeds International Medieval Congress 2018: call for papers for two sessions at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 22 September 2017).
- 3rd Poznań Conference of Celtic Studies, 9-10 July 2018, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland (Call for papers).
- 2017-18 Celtic Studies seminars in the Welsh Department at Aberystwyth (programme).
- Rannsachadh na Gaidhlig 10, The University of Edinburgh, 28-30 August 2018 (Call for papers).
- Annual Colloquium of the Henry Sweet Society for the History of Linguistic Ideas, Maynooth University, 5-8 September 2018 (call for papers).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork.
- 31st Irish Conference of Medievalists, NUI Maynooth, 29 June – 1 July, 2017 (call for papers by March 3rd 2017)
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 17-18 November, 2017 (deadline for submission of papers: Friday 22 September).
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 6-7 Deireadh Fómhair, 2017 (Clár).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 21-22 Aibreán, 2017.
- Annual CSANA meeting, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 27-30 April, 2017 (call for papers).
- Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, Harvard University, 7-9 October, 2016.
- Annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference: UC Berkeley, 16-19 March, 2017.
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
To have an event noticed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is copyright © CDI 2017