Jobs / Scholarships / Prizes
- The Terence Barry Prize for Best Graduate Paper in Irish Medieval Studies (closing date: 15 April, 2020).
- The Four Courts Press Michael Adams Prize in Irish Medieval Studies (closing date: 25 March, 2020).
- MA Scholarship in Welsh and Celtic Studies, School of Welsh, Cardiff University (closing date: 1 March, 2020).
- Visiting Faculty Fellow, University of Notre Dame: Keough School of Global Affairs / Keough-Naughton Institute for Irish Studies for academic year 2020-21 (closing date: 15 January, 2020).
- Two-year postdoctoral researcher (a specialist in hagiography ) in ERC-funded research group ‘Novel Saints. Studies in Ancient Fiction and Hagiography‘ (directed by Prof. K. De Temmerman) to work as a Database Coordinator at Ghent University, Belgium (closing date for applications: 20 December 2019).
- Tenure-track or Tenured Professor, Department of Celtic Languages and Literatures, Harvard University (closing date for applications: 1 December, 2019).
- Intéirneacht in Ard-Stiúrthóireacht na Cumarsáide sa Pharlaimint sa Bhruiséil. Is féidir iarratas a chur isteach anseo, roimh an 30 Samhain. Tá tuilleadh eolais ar fáil ar an leathanach seo. Bheadh an tréimhse oiliúna ar siúl an 1 Márta – 31 Iúil 2020.
- Tenure-track position in the Irish Language and its Cultures, School of Irish Studies, Concordia University, Montréal (closing date for applications: 15 November, 2019). Appointment to begin 1 July, 2020 (or shortly thereafter).
- Cothrom-maoineachaidh (PhD) Funding Opportunty in Gaelic and Celtic Studies, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, University of the Highlands and Islands (now open).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- The Keough-Naughton Library Research Award in Irish Studies, University of Notre Dame (annual grant funding).
Conferences / Seminars / Call for Papers
- Call for papers for Eolas 13 (deadline extended to 1 December, 2019).
- EORAIP: Gaelic Ireland in medieval and early modern Europe: Part of Flatley Lecture Series, Irish Studies, Boston College, November 23, 2019.
- Irish Conference of Folklore and Ethnology, National University of Ireland, Merrion Square, Dublin, 10–11 December 2019. This year’s Conference will be held in conjunction with a conference on ‘Outlaws, Ballads and Bandits in Popular Tradition’, co-organized by Pascale Baker and Bairbre Ní Fhloinn (Clár).
- A Brehon Lawyer’s School in Sixteenth-Century Ireland, NUI Galway, 25-26 January, 2020.
- ‘LehmanGaeilge 2020′, Lehman College, CUNY, the Bronx (paper proposals (as Gaeilge amháin): deadline extended to 15 December 2019).
- Religion and the Experience of Nature: Comparative Perspectives, Center for Advanced Studies, LMU Munich, 19-20 March, 2020 (call for papers).
- Medicine in the Medieval North Atlantic world, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, 19-21 March, 2020 (deadline for proposal submissions – 15 October, 2019: BURSARIES available).
- Cumann na Mac Léinn Ceiltise: An 8ú comhdháil bhliantúil / Association of Celtic Students: Eighth Annual Conference, University College Dublin, 26-29 March, 2020 (abstract submission deadline: Friday, 22 November, 2019)
- Space and Settlement in the Middle Ages XI: Trinity College Dublin, 27-28 March, 2020 (call for papers: closing date 31 October, 2019).
- Conference on Medieval Multilingual Manuscripts: Texts, Scribes, and Patrons, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 22-23 May, 2020 (call for papers: closing date 29 November, 2019).
- Summer School, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 6-17 July, 2020.
- Rannsachadh na Gàidhlig 11, Department of Celtic Studies, St Francis Xavier University, Nova Scotia, 22-24 July 2020 (call for papers).
- 16th Fachtagung of the Society for Indo-European Studies, “Beyond Formenlehre?: Indo-European Morphology with fuzzy boundaries and interface phenomena”, 7-10 September 2020, University of Zurich.
- ‘Welsh Manuscripts 800-1800’, National Library of Wales, 9-11 September 2020 (call for papers: closing date 31 January, 2020).
- 10th International Colloquium of the Societas Celto-Slavica, Szczecin, Poland 24-25 September, 2020 (call for papers: closing date — 15 January, 2020).
- North American Gaels: Language, Literature, Lore, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2-3 October 2020 (closing date for papers: 1 March, 2020).
- The Ó Cléirigh Seminars, University College Dublin (K114, Newman Building), Fridays at 4pm, October-December 2019.
- Seminars, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (October-December, 2019).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork, 17 November, 2018.
- 33rd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 27-29 June, 2019 (call for papers: open until 22 March).
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2-3 November, 2018.
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 4-5 Deireadh Fómhair, 2019 (Gairm ar pháipéir; spriocdháta, 1 Meitheamh, 2019).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 50, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 26-27 Aibreán 2019.
- 42nd annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference, UCLA Campus, 5-7 March, 2020 (call for papers; closing date: 15 December, 2019).
- Thirty-Ninth Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, 11-13 October 2019 (Call for papers: by 5 May, 2019).
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2018.
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference 2020, Virginia Tech, 2-4 April 2020 (call for papers: 6 December 2019).
- Cambridge Colloquium in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic, Saturday 8 February, 2020 (theme: ‘Disorder and Dishonesty’; call for papers: 1 December, 2019).
To have an event noticed here, please email email@example.com.
This article is copyright © CDI 2019