Jobs/ Scholarships/ Prizes
- Council of Irish Chiefs and Clans of Ireland Prize in History 2019 (closing date: 1 June, 2019).
- Permanent Lecturer/Assistant Professor (Above the Bar) in Folklore and Ethnology, UCD School of Irish, Celtic Studies and Folklore (closing date: 1 March, 2019).
- Teagascóirí Gaeilge / Irish Language Instructors, ICUF (Irish Canada University Foundation: http://www.icuf.ie/scholarships/clar-gaeilge/teagascoiri/), ag tosnú Meán Fómhair, 2019 (dáta deiridh le haghaidh iarratas: 24 Feabhra, 2019).
- ASIMS Barry and ASIMS /Four Courts Adams Prize competitions (closing date: 29 March, 2019).
- Full Scholarship for the Taught MA in Medieval Irish Studies, Department of Early Irish, Maynooth University (for the 2019/20 academic year). Deadline for applications: 29 March, 2019.
- Associate Professor of Irish and Old Norse Philology, Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies, University of Oslo (closing date for applications: 1 March, 2019).
- Temporary Lecturer / Assistant Professor in Early Medieval History (c. 400-1000AD), University College Dublin (closing date for applications: 31 January, 2019).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- The Keough-Naughton Library Research Award in Irish Studies, University of Notre Dame (annual grant funding).
- Ó Cléirigh Seminars , University College Dublin (January-April 2019).
- Éigse Cholm Cille 2019: ‘Traidisiún Cráifeach Chúige Uladh’, 8–9 Márta, Ollscoil Uladh, Doire.
- North American Graduate Conference in Irish Studies, Concordia University, Montreal, 8-9 March 2019 (closing date for submissions: January 11, 2019).
- Dominus Hibernie/Rex Hiberniae: pre-modern Ireland, 1200-1801, National Archives, Kew, London, 21-23 March, 2019.
Comhdháil mhac léinn na Ceiltise, Dún Éideann, 21–24 Márta 2019 / Celtic Studies students’ conference, Edinburgh, 21–24 March 2019.
Group for the Study of Irish Historic Settlement, fiftieth anniversary conference, City Assembly House, 58 South William Street, Dublin, 29-31 March (annual conference takes place in Santiago de Compostela, 9-11 May, 2019).
- IONA Seafaring: Early Medieval Studies on the Islands of the North Atlantic, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 11-13, 2019 (call for papers).
- SOCIETY FOR NAME STUDIES IN BRITAIN AND IRELAND, 27th Annual Conference, University of Nottingham, 26–29 April 2019.
- Tales & Transmission: Storytelling in Irish and Scottish Gaelic 700AD to the Present, Cambridge University, 26-28 April, 2019 (clár / programme).
- Conference: ‘To frighten off the rude and ignorant’? Intentional obscuritas in Irish and Welsh literature (650–1650), Dublin Insitiute for Advanced Studies, 24-25 May 2019.
- Comhdháil an Chumainn Idirnáisiúnta le Staidéar ar Litríochtaí na hÉireann / International Association for the Study of Irish Literatures (IASIL), 2019 Conference, Trinity College Dublin, 22-26 July, 2019.
- Preliminary Call For Papers, CSANA at Kalamazoo May 2019 (complete paper proposals due no later than 15 September, 2018).
- Third Lublin Celtic Colloquium on ‘Changing Perspectives in Celtic Studies’, 19-20 September, 2019, Lublin, Poland (call for papers).
- ‘To frighten off the rude and ignorant’?: Intentional Obscuritas in Irish and Welsh literature (650–1650), conference in School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 24-25 May 2019.
- International Congress of Celtic Studies (XVI ICCS), Bangor University, Wales, 22-26 July, 2019 (call for papers: 1 July – 30 September, 2018).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork, 17 November, 2018.
- 33rd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 27-29 June, 2019 (call for papers: open until 22 March).
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2-3 November, 2018.
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 5-6 Deireadh Fómhair, 2018.
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 50, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 26-27 Aibreán 2019.
- The 41st California Celtic Conference, University of California, Berkeley, 14-17 March, 2019 (clár / programme).
- Thirty-Ninth Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, 11-13 October 2019 (Call for papers: by 5 May, 2019).
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2018.
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference, Harvard University, April 11-14, 2019.
To have an event noticed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is copyright © CDI 2019