Jobs/ Scholarships/ Prizes
- Irish Chiefs and Clans Essay Competition, Council of Irish Chiefs and Clans of Ireland Prize in History (closing date: 1 June, 2018).
- Fully-funded scholarship, taught MA in Medieval Irish Studies, Department of Early Irish at Maynooth for the 2018/19 academic year (deadline for applications is 1 June, 2018).
- Classics/School of Languages, Literatures and Cultures/CASSCS, NUI Galway: funded PhD scholarship (deadline for applications is 17.00 hrs, 1 June, 2018).
- Research Assistant (24 month contract), Department of Early Irish, NUI Maynooth (c Sunday, 17 June, 2018).
- 2019 O’Donnell Fellowship in Irish Studies, Newman College and St Mary’s College, University of Melbourne, Australia (deadline for applications: Friday 27 July, 2018).
- Fulbright Scholar Program, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (closing date: 1 August, 2018).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- Elrington and Bosworth Professorship of Anglo-Saxon, Department of Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic, Cambridge University (to take up appointment on 1 October 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter).
- Ulidia VI / Fíanaigecht III: Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Isle of Skye, 13-17 June (call for papers).
- Workshop on the Typology of Breton, 19-20 June 2018, Quimper.
- Glossing Cultural Change: comparative perspectives on manuscript annotation, c. 600–1200 CE, National University of Ireland, Galway, 21–22 June 2018 (call for papers).
- One day symposium on the theme of ‘Mendicants on the Margins’, University College Cork, 27 June 2018.
- 32nd Irish Conference of Medievalists, 28-30 June, 2018, University College Cork.
- Leeds International Medieval Congress 2018: call for papers for sessions on ‘Remembering the Viking Age around the Irish Sea’ at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 15 September 2017).
- ‘Commemorating Saints and Martyrs in Medieval Europe’: call for papers for sessions at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 20 September 2017).
- Leeds International Medieval Congress 2018: call for papers for two sessions at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 22 September 2017).
- 3rd Poznań Conference of Celtic Studies, 9-10 July 2018, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland (Call for papers).
- 2017-18 Celtic Studies seminars in the Welsh Department at Aberystwyth (programme).
- Rannsachadh na Gaidhlig 10, The University of Edinburgh, 28-30 August 2018 (Call for papers).
- 10th Celtic Linguistics Conference, 4-5 September 2018, Maynooth University (programme).
- Annual Colloquium of the Henry Sweet Society for the History of Linguistic Ideas, Maynooth University, 5-8 September 2018 (call for papers).
- Galloway, Gaelic’s Lost Province, Conference: Saturday, 8 September, 2018, CatStrand, New Galloway (programme).
- 34th annual meeting of the American Conference for Irish Studies (western region), Jackson Hole, Wyoming, October 12-13, 2018 (call for papers: deadline, July 1, 2018).
- Learning scripts, forgetting scripts: new approaches to the history of writing in the Roman West, 8-9 November 2018, Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Call for papers: closing date, 15 April, 2018).
- 23rd Australasian Conference of Irish Studies, University of Sydney, 27-30 November 2018 (call for papers).
- CLCS Celtic Forum at the MLA Convention, Chicago, 3-6 January, 2019 (proposal due: March 22, 2018),
- IONA Seafaring: Early Medieval Studies on the Islands of the North Atlantic, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 11-13, 2019 (call for papers).
- Preliminary Call For Papers, CSANA at Kalamazoo May 2019 (complete paper proposals due no later than 15 September, 2018).
- International Congress of Celtic Studies (XVI ICCS), Bangor University, Wales, 22-26 July, 2019 (call for papers: 1 July – 30 September, 2018).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork, 3 November, 2018.
- 32nd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 28-30 June, 2018 (call for papers by 9 March, 2018).
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2-3 November, 2018 (deadline for submission of papers: Friday 14 September, 2018).
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 5-6 Deireadh Fómhair, 2018 (Tairiscint Páipéir, 1 Meitheamh 2018).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 6-7 Aibreán, 2018.
- The 40th Annual UC Celtic Studies Conference & the Annual CSANA Meeting, March 8-11, 2018 (timetable).
- Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, Harvard University, 5-7 October, 2018 (call for papers: May 1, 2018).
- Annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference: UC Berkeley, 16-19 March, 2017.
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2018.
To have an event noticed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is copyright © CDI 2018