Jobs/ Scholarships/ Prizes
- Colmcille Grants Scheme, to promote interaction between the language communities of Irish and Scottish Gaelic (Deadlines: 9 June / 9 October, 2017).
- Lecturers for undergraduate courses, Celtic Studies Program, University of California, Berkeley (next review date: 11 October, 2016; final closing date: 10 October, 2017).
- Translation Project Manager at Context, Oranmore, Galway (01 December 2017).
- Placename scholarship, Roinn na Ceiltis is na Gàidhlig, University of Glasgow (closing date: 12noon, Friday 12 January 2018).
- American Society of Irish Medieval Studies (ASIMS), Terence Barry Prize for Best Graduate Paper in Irish Medieval Studies (submissions should be received before midnight on April 15, 2018 [details]).
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- ‘Particles of light’: the legacy of Henry Bradshaw: a conference celebrating 150 years since Henry Bradshaw’s appointment as University Librarian at Cambridge, 4 December 2017, Milstein Room, Cambridge University Library.
- CLCS Celtic Forum at the MLA, New York, January 4-7, 2018.
- Cambridge Colloquium in Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic, Cambridge University, Saturday 10th February (call for papers: closing date, 10 December 2017).
- Parallel text analysis in diachronic research: workshop to be held in Marburg (Germany), February 22-23, 2018 (call for papers: now open).
- Celtic Studies students’ conference, 2–4 March 2018, University of Edinburgh (call for papers).
- 40th annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference, 8-11 March, 2018, UCLA (call for papers).
- 30th Annual Medieval Studies Symposium: ‘Force, Resistance, and Mercy: Medieval Violence and Nonviolence’, Indiana University, Bloomington, April 6-7, 2018 (call for papers).
- 16th Biennial Medieval Insular Romance Conference, Cardiff University, Wales, 9-11 April, 2018 (call for papers).
- Celtic panels at the annual International Medieval Studies Congress, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 10-13 May, 2018 (call for papers).
- Fast Forward into the Past: Celtic Studies 2.0. Viennese Interdisciplinary Symposium in Celtic Studies. 25-26 May 2018, University of Vienna, Austria (call for papers).
- Ulidia VI / Fíanaigecht III: Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Isle of Skye, 13-17 June (call for papers).
- Workshop on the Typology of Breton, 19-20 June 2018, Quimper.
- Leeds International Medieval Congress 2018: call for papers for sessions on ‘Remembering the Viking Age around the Irish Sea’ at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 15 September 2017).
- ‘Commemorating Saints and Martyrs in Medieval Europe’: call for papers for sessions at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 20 September 2017).
- Leeds International Medieval Congress 2018: call for papers for two sessions at Leeds International Medieval Congress 2-5 July, 2018 (deadline for abstracts is 22 September 2017).
- 3rd Poznań Conference of Celtic Studies, 9-10 July 2018, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland (Call for papers).
- 2017-18 Celtic Studies seminars in the Welsh Department at Aberystwyth (programme).
- Rannsachadh na Gaidhlig 10, The University of Edinburgh, 28-30 August 2018 (Call for papers).
- 10th Celtic Linguistics Conference, 4-5 September 2018, Maynooth University (call for papers: by 15th January 2018).
- Annual Colloquium of the Henry Sweet Society for the History of Linguistic Ideas, Maynooth University, 5-8 September 2018 (call for papers).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork.
- 31st Irish Conference of Medievalists, NUI Maynooth, 29 June – 1 July, 2017 (call for papers by March 3rd 2017)
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 17-18 November, 2017 (deadline for submission of papers: Friday 22 September).
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 6-7 Deireadh Fómhair, 2017 (Clár).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 21-22 Aibreán, 2017.
- Annual CSANA meeting, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 27-30 April, 2017 (call for papers).
- Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, Harvard University, 7-9 October, 2016.
- Annual University of California Celtic Studies Conference: UC Berkeley, 16-19 March, 2017.
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
To have an event noticed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is copyright © CDI 2018