Jobs / Scholarships / Prizes
- Tenure-track position in the Irish Language and its Cultures, School of Irish Studies, Concordia University, Montréal (closing date for applications: 15 November, 2019). Appointment to begin 1 July, 2020 (or shortly thereafter).
- O’Donovan Scholarship, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (closing date: 30 September 2019) (details: https://www.dias.ie/2019/07/31/vacancy-odonovan-scholarship-3/].
- Cothrom-maoineachaidh (PhD) Funding Opportunty in Gaelic and Celtic Studies, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, University of the Highlands and Islands (now open).
- Research Associate, The Fionn Cycle Folklore Project, Department of Celtic Languages and Literatures, Harvard University (closing date: 26 August, 2019).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- The Keough-Naughton Library Research Award in Irish Studies, University of Notre Dame (annual grant funding).
Conferences / Seminars / Call for Papers
- Workshop on statistics in historical corpus linguistics, Maynooth University, 4-5 October, 2019.
- 5th International Conference on Watermarks in Digital Collections, Creative Zone, Boole Library, UCC, 16–17 October 2019.
- Call for papers for Eolas 13 (submissions are due by 18 October, 2019).
- Seventh annual colloquium on ‘Thinking about Mythology in the 21st Century’, 50 George Square, Edinburgh, on 19-20 October 2019 (call for papers).
- ‘An Ghaeilge mar theanga oifigiúil agus oibre iomlán de chuid an AE – deiseanna agus dúshláin’, seimineár atá á chomheagrú ag an Roinn Cultúir, Oidhreachta agus Gaeltachta agus ag an gCoimisiún Eorpach, Citywest Hotel, Contae Bhaile Átha Cliath, 30 Deireadh Fómhair, 2019.
- Irish Conference of Folklore and Ethnology, National University of Ireland, Merrion Square, Dublin 10–11 December 2019. This year’s Conference will be held in conjunction with a conference on ‘Outlaws, Ballads and Bandits in Popular Tradition’, co-organized by Pascale Baker and Bairbre Ní Fhloinn (call for papers).
- Religion and the Experience of Nature: Comparative Perspectives, Center for Advanced Studies, LMU Munich, 19-20 March, 2020 (call for papers).
- Medicine in the Medieval North Atlantic world, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, 19-21 March, 2020 (deadline for proposal submissions – 15 October, 2019: BURSARIES available).
- Cumann na Mac Léinn Ceiltise: An 8ú comhdháil bhliantúil / Association of Celtic Students: Eighth Annual Conference, University College Dublin, 26-29 March, 2020 (abstract submission deadline: Friday, 22 November, 2019)
- Space and Settlement in the Middle Ages XI: Trinity College Dublin, 27-28 March, 2020 (call for papers: closing date 31 October, 2019).
- Conference on Medieval Multilingual Manuscripts: Texts, Scribes, and Patrons, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 22-23 May, 2020 (call for papers: closing date 29 November, 2019).
- ‘Welsh Manuscripts 800-1800’, National Library of Wales, 9-11 September 2020 (call for papers: closing date 31 January, 2020).
- North American Gaels: Language, Literature, Lore, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 2-3 October 2020 (closing date for papers: 1 March, 2020).
- The Ó Cléirigh Seminars, University College Dublin (K114, Newman Building), Fridays at 4pm, October-December 2019.
- Seminars, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (October-December, 2019).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork, 17 November, 2018.
- 33rd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 27-29 June, 2019 (call for papers: open until 22 March).
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2-3 November, 2018.
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 4-5 Deireadh Fómhair, 2019 (Gairm ar pháipéir; spriocdháta, 1 Meitheamh, 2019).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 50, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 26-27 Aibreán 2019.
- The 41st California Celtic Conference, University of California, Berkeley, 14-17 March, 2019 (clár / programme).
- Thirty-Ninth Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, 11-13 October 2019 (Call for papers: by 5 May, 2019).
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2018.
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference, Harvard University, April 11-14, 2019 (clár).
To have an event noticed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is copyright © CDI 2019