Jobs/ Scholarships/ Prizes
- Permanent Irish Language Translators for EU institutions (closing date for applications: 4 September, 2018).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- Elrington and Bosworth Professorship of Anglo-Saxon, Department of Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic, Cambridge University (to take up appointment on 1 October, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter).
- O’Donovan Scholarship, (beginning January 2019), School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (closing date: 30 September, 2018).
- 34th annual meeting of the American Conference for Irish Studies (western region), Jackson Hole, Wyoming, October 12-13, 2018 (call for papers: deadline, July 1, 2018).
- Skians: The Cornish Language Research Network, 13-14 mis Hedra / October 2018 (call for papers).
- ‘Preserving the past for the future’: a seminar to mark the 90th anniversary of the foundation of the Irish Manuscripts Commission, 2.00 pm, Wednesday 17th October, 2018, 45 Merrion Square, Dublin 2.
- Learning scripts, forgetting scripts: new approaches to the history of writing in the Roman West, 8-9 November 2018, Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Call for papers: closing date, 15 April, 2018).
- Thinking about Mythology in the 21st Century, Edinburgh, 10-11 November 2018 (call for papers).
- Irish Conference of Folklore and Ethnology, Ulster University’s Belfast campus, Saturday, 17 November 2018 (call for papers).
- 23rd Australasian Conference of Irish Studies, University of Sydney, 27-30 November 2018 (call for papers).
- CLCS Celtic Forum at the MLA Convention, Chicago, 3-6 January, 2019 (proposal due: March 22, 2018),
- IONA Seafaring: Early Medieval Studies on the Islands of the North Atlantic, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC, Canada, April 11-13, 2019 (call for papers).
- Tales & Transmission: Storytelling in Irish and Scottish Gaelic 700AD to the Present (call for papers).
- Preliminary Call For Papers, CSANA at Kalamazoo May 2019 (complete paper proposals due no later than 15 September, 2018).
- International Congress of Celtic Studies (XVI ICCS), Bangor University, Wales, 22-26 July, 2019 (call for papers: 1 July – 30 September, 2018).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork, 17 November, 2018.
- 32nd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 28-30 June, 2018.
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2-3 November, 2018.
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 5-6 Deireadh Fómhair, 2018.
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 6-7 Aibreán, 2018.
- The 41st California Celtic Conference, University of California, Berkeley, 14-17 March, 2019 (call for papers).
- Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, Harvard University, 5-7 October, 2018 (call for papers: May 1, 2018).
- The California Celtic Conference will take place on 15-17 March, 2019, on the campus of the University of California, Berkeley. Call for papers will follow in the Autumn.
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2018.
- Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference, Harvard University, April 11-14, 2019 (call for papers).
To have an event noticed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is copyright © CDI 2018