Jobs / Scholarships / Prizes
- Oifigeach Forbartha Turasóireachta, Comhchoiste Ghaeltacht Uíbh Ráthaigh (iarratais: roimh 18 Meitheamh, 2019).
- Eight-week paid internship in the European Language Resource Infrastructure (ELRI) project for Irish-language speakers (beginning a.s.a.p. for 8 weeks).
- Jesus Professorship of Celtic, University of Oxford (closing date: 15 July, 2019).
- PhD/Postdoc position in Celtic at the Philipps-University, Marburg, Germany (closing date: 7/6/2019).
- Annual Vivien Law Prize established by the Henry Sweet Society for the best essay submitted on any topic within the history of linguistics (submission by September 30 each year).
- Council of Irish Chiefs and Clans of Ireland Prize in History 2019 (closing date: 1 June, 2019).
- The Keough-Naughton Library Research Award in Irish Studies, University of Notre Dame (annual grant funding).
Conferences / Seminars
- One-day conference on ‘Eighteenth-century manuscript culture in the wider Gaelic world: The manuscripts of Rev James McLagan (1728-1805)’, Royal Irish Academy, 19 Dawson Street, Dublin, 19 June, 2019.
- Comhdháil an Chumainn Idirnáisiúnta le Staidéar ar Litríochtaí na hÉireann / International Association for the Study of Irish Literatures (IASIL), 2019 Conference, Trinity College Dublin, 22-26 July, 2019.
- International Congress of Celtic Studies (XVI ICCS), Bangor University, Wales, 22-26 July, 2019.
- Papers are invited for volume XVI of Studia Celtic Fennica (deadline for articles: 1 August, 2019).
- Third Lublin Celtic Colloquium on ‘Changing Perspectives in Celtic Studies’, 19-20 September, 2019, Lublin, Poland (call for papers).
- Seventh annual colloquium on ‘Thinking about Mythology in the 21st Century’, 50 George Square, Edinburgh, on 19-20 October 2019 (call for papers).
- Religion and the Experience of Nature: Comparative Perspectives, Center for Advanced Studies, LMU Munich, 19-20 March, 2020 (call for papers).
- Annual UCC / ITS seminar, University College Cork, 17 November, 2018.
- 33rd Irish Conference of Medievalists, University College Cork, 27-29 June, 2019 (call for papers: open until 22 March).
- Annual Tionól, School of Celtic Studies, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2-3 November, 2018.
- Comhdháil ar Litríocht agus Cultúr na Gaeilge, Ollscoil Éireann, Gaillimh, 4-5 Deireadh Fómhair, 2019 (Gairm ar pháipéir; spriocdháta, 1 Meitheamh, 2019).
- Léachtaí Cholm Cille 50, Ollscoil Mhá Nua, 26-27 Aibreán 2019.
- The 41st California Celtic Conference, University of California, Berkeley, 14-17 March, 2019 (clár / programme).
- Thirty-Ninth Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium, 11-13 October 2019 (Call for papers: by 5 May, 2019).
- Annual ‘Youghal Celebrates History’ Conference, Youghal, Co. Cork.
- More Tales of Medieval Dublin, Wood Quay Venue of Dublin City Council (October 2017 – March 2018).
- Maynooth Early Irish & Celtic Studies Research Seminar, Programme 2018.
- CSANA: Celtic Studies Association of North America, annual conference, Harvard University, April 11-14, 2019 (clár).
To have an event noticed here, please email email@example.com.
This article is copyright © CDI 2019